Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY: dress up dull clothes pins

for some reason I have a large amount of plain clothes pins, I want to say I used them for a project a long time ago? who knows. Anyway I decided to make them cute and not so boring.
you are going to cut the same amount of fabric to as many clothes pins you are making. Use any fabric, I used some that I picked up from a thrift store. I think its actually a table napkin, I dont know.
 After you have your strips cut out (be sure they are wider than the clothes pin) apply mod podge on to  clothes pin and apply fabric and let sit and dry completely. After they have dried go ahead and trim the excess fabric off the clothes pins.
They should look like this (only different fabric of course). Now its time to add the dimensional magic to these bad boys. Apply using the directions on the back to refrain from getting any air bubbles (not cute). Let sit and dry completely. 
You could use these to display pictures, cute cards, or little "to-do" notes. I am gifting these to a friend, so I decided to make mine into magnets by adding a magnetic strip to the back. 

xo,
-Meggs

No comments:

Post a Comment