Sunday, July 22, 2012

MIA

I know, I know this is exactly what I said I WOULDN'T do considering I neglected my last blog. I swear I have good reasons though! First off I got a new job (YAY) and it took me a while to adjust to having a normal person M-F 8-am-4:30p job, when before I was used to being scheduled at all times of the day, having no weekends off, staying up until 2-am one night, and going to bed at 10-pm other nights. My body finally has gotten adjusted, and let me tell you I feel great! I may be an old lady and can barely keep my eyes open past 10p now, but thats okay! because hey, I get off at a reasonable time, plus I have my weekends off now :)

Aside from the new job, about 2 months ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, to put it lightly its an auto-immune disease, and unlike normal immune systems where it is supposed to protect your body mine does the complete opposite and attacks itself. I have been working on changing my life style both physical and dietary. Every week I have dedicated two days a week (tuesdays & thursdays) where I take workout classes, body pump and pilates/yoga. I absolutely love it and have seen a tremendous difference in my body's stiffness, swelling , and over all pain. I am hoping I can send my RA into remission (fingers crossed).

AND most recently, I had a fly problem in my apartment (I know, SO GROSS). I went on a massive cleaning spree to figure out what the heck was bringing in all these flies. Yes, lately we have been having a heat wave (well, what California considers a heat wave) but there was just no way the heat was bringing in the flies. I cleaned from top to bottom, vacuumed EVERYTHING, threw out anything that was bad or even close to becoming bad in my fridge, and bought two cans of fly repellent and sprayed the shit out of my apartment....and BAM, they are gone :) thank the lord!

Yesterday my friend Snovs had her b-day spent all day at boomers. I felt like I was 5 again. Minus the 100 degree weather!!!! I forget how much fun go-carts, and laser tag can be...especially with a large group of people. Imagine a large group 25-27 year olds taking over boomers, haha.
ps. this is my bestie :)

Time to go enjoy the beautiful weather!
xo,
-Meggs

No comments:

Post a Comment