Thursday, April 19, 2012

DIY: Dimensional Magnets

Ahh blogger it has been a long while...glad to be back with a full new blog and makeover! Well, lets get to it! On with the DIY of the day: Dimensional magnets. I have tons and tons of pictures from when I went to Europe, I was planning on using them to build myself a scrapbook. I, like always, take an enormous amount of pictures while traveling and went a little crazy at targets printing station and printed out over 300 pictures (I know, its a problem) long story short, I still have piles of pictures I am not using! So, this idea was perfect for me...
Photobucket
not only does it ease up on piles of pictures, BUT also makes the refrigerator way more cool, and who doesnt like cool?
Photobucket
1) grab your picture, fabric, or anything you are using as your magnet. 2) draw on the back of the picture the shape you want. I used an oval stencil, but you can use any household item to create the shape you want (ie. canned food, oval picture frame, candle, etc). 3) cut out shape, and follow directions on self-adhesive magnet contact paper, found at any art/craft supply store. I bought mine from michaels.
Photobucket
4) use mod podge dimensional magic, be sure to follow directions on how to apply. This is very important! that way you arent left with a magnet full of bubbles after its dried. 5) you will find that once the entire surface is covered with the dimensional magic it will look foggy, thats okay! It will dry clear, promise! Let it sit for at least 24 hours for best results. 6) after 24 hours, slap those bad boys on your fridge and show them off! Super easy, and a fun way to spice up your dull refrigerator.


Im super excited to get back into the blogging world as I have definitely missed it!
xo,
-Meggs

No comments:

Post a Comment